Re: Is it possible to connect the ends of lines together?

Been long time since I messed with Dia.  Changing the color of the connection point to the background color is actually a nice idea I never thought of before today.  If you make it very large you can grab it easily.  Even with a multitude of line-ish entities attached there.

I think having a big, fat, invisible, connection point with a zigzag or two attached to it, grouped so it can copy and paste easily, might be a handy thing.

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 11:24 AM, Chris Green <cl isbd net> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 11:21:47AM -0500, Michael Ross wrote:
>    Hi Chris,
>    Over the years I have documented a number of simple circuits using Dia.
>    Never had the heightened need, or the time or money budget to use a
>    purpose built circuit design package. So I am very sympathetic with
>    wanting an easy line join and the ability to move it at the joint.
>    Zigzag would be very nice if you could merge endpoints somehow.
>    I find grouping and layering to be very helpful if you haven't
>    undertaken to use those functions yet.
>    The connection points (in the Electric sheet, not Circuit like I said
>    earlier) will work, but they are annoying because they can be enormous
>    or tiny and hard to grab ahold of when you want to move them.  They are
>    inconvenient to place if you do a lot of them. You can attach a regular
>    line to a connection point and move the point while the lines stay
>    attached and rubber band as desired.
>    I just attached a line, a zigzag, a polyline, an arc, and a bezierline
>    to a connection point and they all tracked the connection point when I
>    moved it.  It was annoying grab the point.  You can work around that by
>    making the connection point large and easy to grab, then shrink to hide
>    it, or change it to the background color.  Lots of ways to do it, but
>    none as simple as in CAD systems.

Yes, I've found and used the connection point but you have described
most of its disadvantages.

--
Chris Green