Re: Advanced options for custom shapes

Greetings, Nico Rikken!

This is a known weakness of the current shape specification. I've tried to
reverse engineer what's currently implemented some while ago:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2008-July/msg00084.html

But IIRC nothing was changes due to the huge amount of exisiting shapes.

That is unfortunate, since it would straighten-out shape definitions. I
guess just adjusting all upstream shapes wouldn't be sufficient since
users might have custom shapes to work with.

If the change is straightforward and clearly beneficial, it wouldn't be a
problem to edit custom shapes to comply with new standards.
At least, I have no objection to edit mine... :D
Or even write a script that would do it automatically (since shapes are XML
documents, transforming them is a trivial task in simple cases).

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon freemail ru) 05.11.2014, <5:56>

Sorry for my terrible english...