Re: Advanced options for custom shapes

Am 04.11.2014 um 07:42 schrieb Nico Rikken:
On Mon, 2014-11-03 at 23:57 +0100, Hans Breuer wrote:

As I said (or tried to say) neither the specification nor the
implementations is available yet.

But I could still make it work by writing objects in code for upstream
adoption, rather than just using the customs shapes objects. Just
choosing the right licence and offering a 'patch' should do the trick,
right?

Sorry I'm confused. The task at hand - as far as I've understood it - requires to write some code. Either with the custom shape module or with a new object plug-in. Upstream adaptions is indepndent of that. As you say the wrong license is a blocker. Also new objects have to pass the unit test, bring something new and desirable to Dia and need to be implemented with maintainable code. There is definitely at least one patch review before upstream adoption ;)

> This sheet would then be present in the object directory.

'Sheet' in Dia is just the 'index' for the user interface representation.
A sheet references object either implmented in C (in objects/ directory) or with XML in the shapes/ directory.

> [...]

Regards,
        Hans