Re: Dia

On 10/28/2014 12:47 AM, Sheehan, John T wrote:
Hi folks, my name is John Sheehan and I am a software developer. Tim
(cc’ed here) and I are looking at Dia as a sketch tool to recommend to
our customers.

Our product is Mathcad and our clients (engineers of every discipline)
 live on free body diagrams. We’re not going to build a sketcher, and
then there is Dia, perfect we tell our customers to use Dia and all are
happy. Except one wrinkle,  getting images from Dia to Mathcad means
exporting as PNG and then loading from disk, repeat process on every change.

My idea is I would like to add clip board interoperability to Dia. Then
Dia users could Cntrl-C from Dia and Cntrl-V everywhere else, Like
MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint or Mathcad.

I am getting confused trying to find the source code. Websites say the
source code is publicly available but I have not found it.

So two quick questions : 1.) Is there any reason why clip board
interoperability wouldn’t work?

                                             2.) Is the source code
publicly available?

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/dia/