Re: Dia

There is clipboard function for the entities within dia.  I copy and paste groups all the time.

In windows you can always use Ctrl-Print screen and edit the bitmap in some other program.  I regularly make screen dumps for exporting.  Seems like I used to export as jpeg and ramp up the dpi to get good resolution  - that might be wrong though. I use and misuse all sorts of open source software.

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 6:23 AM, Dumitru Ursu <dima ceata org> wrote:
On 10/28/2014 12:47 AM, Sheehan, John T wrote:
> Hi folks, my name is John Sheehan and I am a software developer. Tim
> (cc’ed here) and I are looking at Dia as a sketch tool to recommend to
> our customers.
>
> Our product is Mathcad and our clients (engineers of every discipline)
>  live on free body diagrams. We’re not going to build a sketcher, and
> then there is Dia, perfect we tell our customers to use Dia and all are
> happy. Except one wrinkle,  getting images from Dia to Mathcad means
> exporting as PNG and then loading from disk, repeat process on every change.
>

> My idea is I would like to add clip board interoperability to Dia. Then
> Dia users could Cntrl-C from Dia and Cntrl-V everywhere else, Like
> MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint or Mathcad.
>
> I am getting confused trying to find the source code. Websites say the
> source code is publicly available but I have not found it.
>

> So two quick questions : 1.) Is there any reason why clip board
> interoperability wouldn’t work?
>
>                                              2.) Is the source code
> publicly available?

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/dia/
https://github.com/GNOME/dia

There you go :)

Dima.

Put this question to yourself: should I use everyone else to attain happiness, or should I help others gain happiness?
Dalai Lama

Tell me what it is you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?
Mary Oliver, "The summer day."