Re: Some text not printing correctly, letters overprint

Chris,

The only answer to this question is, maybe - an opinion.  OK to one may not seem so to you and vice versa.

On your other quest, one of the main features of Dia compared to the commercial product from M$, is you have the ability to make your own shapes and organize them into palettes as you like them.

Have a whack at it.  There is Help.  I never liked doing them myself, but plenty of people do.

Mike

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 7:38 AM, Chris Green <cl isbd net> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 07:10:52PM -0700, Octavio Alvarez wrote:
> On 28/03/14 09:06, Chris Green wrote:
> > I have a moderately complex diagram describing the connections on a
> > multiway plug.
> >
> <<snipped>>
> >     AGND - The A prints partially over the G
> >     VADC - The V prints over the A and the label is shifted to the right
> >
> > This happens on two different printers so I don't think it's a printer
> > problem.
>
> It's a bug in an underlying library. A workaround has already been
> implemented in Dia, so you should see it fixed when 0.97.3 gets released.
>
> In the meanwhile, you can get around this bug by exporting to some
> format using a non-Cairo filter (like pixbuf-png) and printing the
> resulting image or document.
>
> You can also compile the upcoming 0.97.3 yourself.

OK, thanks for that, do you know if the 0.97.3 code will compile
fairly painlessly on [x]ubuntu 13.10?  I'm happy to pull in some
dependencies but I don't want dozens of them.

How/where can I get a reasonably stable 0.97.3 beta (or pre-beta)? If
I do:-
    git clone git://git.gnome.org/dia

will I get something OK[ish]?

--
Chris Green

Put this question to yourself: should I use everyone else to attain happiness, or should I help others gain happiness?
Dalai Lama

Tell me what it is you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?
Mary Oliver, "The summer day."