Re: Some text not printing correctly, letters overprint

On 03/29/2014 04:38 AM, Chris Green wrote:
OK, thanks for that, do you know if the 0.97.3 code will compile
fairly painlessly on [x]ubuntu 13.10?  I'm happy to pull in some
dependencies but I don't want dozens of them.

"apt-get build-dep dia" should install all dependencies for 0.97.2 (the
known-to-Ubuntu version), but 0.97.3 has very similar dependencies, if
not exactly the same. This should get your compilation environment fully
set up.

How/where can I get a reasonably stable 0.97.3 beta (or pre-beta)? If
I do:-
    git clone git://git.gnome.org/dia

will I get something OK[ish]?

No; you would get the main development branch (with more improvements
and bugs, I suppose). For 0.97.3 you should use the dia-0-97 branch:

git checkout origin/dia-0-97

... or you don't intend to develop or browse the git repo, you can also
just download the current snapshot for the dia-0-97 branch from here:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/snapshot/dia-dia-0-97.tar.gz