Re: Upcoming Dia 0.97.3 bug-fix-only

On 03/08/2014 05:04 AM, Hans Breuer wrote:
Some more fixes from master just got cherry-picked to the dia-0-97 branch.
Before I do another bug fix only release from that branch I would like
to get some feedback from you. The list of fixed bugs is relatively short
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=dia&target_milestone=0.97.3
but e.g. the notorious Pango kerning problem is included.

Thanks. The pango kerning workaround apparently made the bug go away.

Just something I noticed: if page scale is set to a small value, like
20, export will be very small, to the point of being pixelized. I
usually set page scale to "Fit 1x1". If there is a lot of information,
page scale values automatically reduce to fit the diagram in the page
and triggers this bug without giving me a chance to choose an export size.

So if you are building Dia from source now would be a good time to pull
the branch dia-0-97. Please try to break it ;)

As far as the kerning bug it's concerned, it didn't break other than
what it was described.

If you are not building Dia from source, please hesitate to drop in with
your favorite feature request you want someone else to develop for you.

It would be great to let objects (or at least texts) have configurable
margins around. This will let me attach text objects to other shapes and
automatically give them some space. Useful for labeling objects in
network diagrams without making them look klunky or having to insert
spaces manually. This could even be a general attribute available to any
object.

Thanks for 0.97.3.