Thanks for everything!

I've enjoyed getting to know dia.  I'm using it for network documentation and having fun.

I use a lot of HP Procurve networking equipment and was hoping to be able to convert the HP provided visio templates to Dia and haven't been successful so I started to roll my own.

My questions:
1:  When creating shapes it seems to crash if there is text in the shape.  I created a new dia file with just a text attribute and exported it to a shape and it worked, the shape would import but the text didn't appear.  Am I doing something wrong or does text not work well with the SVG subset that the .shape file uses?

2:  When creating a diagram of a switch, I used Polygon to create the network jack so there are 16 connection points per jack. Likewise there are 8 connection points for circles and squares. Is there a way to define / remove connection points before exporting to a shape or is that something that can only be done by exporting to a .shape file and removing the unnecessary connection points.

Thanks again for those who contribute.  If I can get my Procurve shapes to my satisfaction I'll share those back