Re: More features

On 02/01/2014 12:16 PM, Hans Breuer wrote:
At 01.02.2014 20:43, Octavio Alvarez wrote:
On 02/01/2014 11:40 AM, Hans Breuer wrote:
[...]
So it is a bug with Pango or cairo. While it might be possible to work
around it in Dia I suggest you check your system first.

Does it help to know that cairo-pdf works properly?

Is there any relation to Dia? Or is this just another program probaly
using different API not exhibiting the issue at hand?

I meant the cairo-pdf Dia export plugin.

This makes it look more like a cairo bug than a pango-cairo bug. IIRC
neither dia-cairo nor pango-cairo have cairo backend specific code for
text rendering.

I tried to confirm if Pango was being used appropriately by visual
comparison with "cairosimple" [1].

[1]
https://developer.gnome.org/pango/unstable/pango-Cairo-Rendering.html --
look for Example 1.

* I was not able to find a mistake. I don't trust my visual comparison
enough, though.

* Considering that the only difference between cairo-pdf and
cairo-alpha-png is the cairo_*_surface_create() call and that
cairosimple also renders to a PNG file, I considered cairosimple should
failed too, so I compiled and cairosimple. Text rendered correctly.

With this, I'm not sure it's a bug with Cairo.