Re: How to change the UML line width attribute ?

At 02.05.2013 21:24, Alejandro Imass wrote:
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Lecoq Maxime<maxime lecoq a wanadoo fr>  wrote:
Ok, thanks. So I did git clone and saw that it already has been done
(apparently since 2010-09-18 :
https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/commit/?id=9ac7c0aa4b2c1edc001fb5f9e2e0ce1803bae103).
It is possible to set the line width attribute on UML lines using the Dia
git version.
Why this feature isn't available in the default Dia package
(I'm under Debian) ?

The explanation is easy: Dia releases are done from a branch. The latest release branch is https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/log/?h=dia-0-97

Debian stable usually ships with very old versions of everything.
Testing is a bit better and unstable is not very useable IMHO. Anyway,
I'm using the binary package 0.97.2 on a Mac and UML lines don't have
that attribute. We have people using the MacPorts version which is
usually more up to date and it doesn't have that either, so I'm
guessing it's not in the 0.97.2 version at all.

No need to guess if you understand the branch strategy of Dia releases.
The high level summary of releases is availbale via:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/NEWS

The issue under discussion is not directly in the NEWS file, but it is the first one listed by the referenced query:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=dia&target_milestone=0.98

HTH,
        Hans