Re: How to change the UML line width attribute ?

This is a regular question from people who are not knowledgeable about open source software, but in this case Maxime knows a bit more, but isn't the answer still same as always?

Because there are limited people working on the software - they apparently worked on other things, there hasn't been time, there were higher priorities, or the people coding just felt like doing something else.   And as always, it is an opportunity to help out.

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Lecoq Maxime <maxime lecoq a wanadoo fr> wrote:

Ok, thanks. So I did git clone and saw that it already has been done (apparently since 2010-09-18 : https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/commit/?id=9ac7c0aa4b2c1edc001fb5f9e2e0ce1803bae103). It is possible to set the line width attribute on UML lines using the Dia git version. Why this feature isn't available in the default Dia package (I'm under Debian) ?

> Message du 02/05/13 17:52
> De : "Alejandro Imass"
> A : "discussions about usage and development of dia"
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: How to change the UML line width attribute ?

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Maxime Lecoq wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using Dia for making UML diagrams. I did success in changing the line
> > width of an UML class : double click on it (it opens its properties window),
> > go to the style panel and change the line width attribute (still wrote in
> > english in my french version by the way). This works good. Now, I would like
> > to do the same thing with line beetween 2 classes (inheritance,
> > implementation...). When I double click on a line (or do a right click and
> > select properties), there is no line width attribute... How could I do ?
> >

> No can do in the associations currently. Since the primitive lines are
> able to do this, my guess is that you could hack the UML sheet and add
> this attribute and possibly contribute it back to the project as a
> patch.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Alejandro Imass

Put this question to yourself: should I use everyone else to attain happiness, or should I help others gain happiness?
Dalai Lama

Thomas A. Edison

Warren Buffet

Michael E. Ross