Re: Questions re. Dia created on MAC and readability on PC

Greetings, Yvon-Charles Beaudet!

I have created a series of diagrams on Dia on my MacbookPro with your Dia
version for MAC and I have version dia-bin 0.97.2

My client to whom I delivered the diagrams in Dia form for his future
modifications tell me that they can't open the files apparently because they
have been created on my MAC and they use PC with Windows?

Are you asking us, why your client can't open files you created? We don't
know, sorry. And no, your guess don't have any ground.

Is this possible?

No. Not even theoretically.

Do we perhaps have different versions that would not be compatible?

No.

I have exchanged Dia MAC with a collaborator on PC Windows and
vice versa and we were both able to read and modify our diagrams?

You asking us? We don't know.

PLease help?

If your client is supposed to be able to modify diagrams you send him/her, you
both need to have the same set of shapes used in the creation of that diagram.
Correctly installed in Dia under same names.
If your client is not supposed to modify the diagram (which is likely the
case), you better off using export versions of your work, such as PDF or EPS.

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon freemail ru) 10.04.2013, <02:39>

Sorry for my terrible english...