Re: Dia in swedish

What you can do fisrt is to :

 * check for po strings completeness (program strings translaton). this
can be a little bit difficult to handle at first, but fairly simple in fact.
Well, editing the po file isn't really difficult (i'm using poedit).
However, i add to do some stuff before being able to make translations:
- get all dependancies required to build Dia
- run autogen.sh (which calls 'configure')
- generate new .pot : make po/dia.pot
- merge old translations with new translations: msgmerge fr.po dia.pot >
fr.po.new // OR, use poedit equivalent function

Then starts translation :)
I hope this way is right and could help future translators.

However i got a question: i'd like to check my translation in Dia before
to send it. So i compiled Dia, installed it locally (in my home), but
when running it with ./app/run_dia.sh , Dia isn't localised (everything
is in english). Same thing when passing before LANG=fr_FR.UTF8.
Did i do something wrong ? or how may i check my translations ?

Second:
 * there were a major update on dia Manual (C) e few months after I done
the French translation.
       ** I encourage you to learn first xml docbook format / DTD. Check
the current Dia English manual docbook version first,
           especially if docbook version used has increased (even if not
a good idea to use v5 and up, which xsltproc cannot use)
       ** The best way is to full copy English version, then add current
French version sentence to sentence, commenting "<!-- the
           english sentence --> <-- la phrase traduite incorrecte -->

Ok, this could be interesting too, i will maybe have a look on that later.

Manu