Re: Connecting text with a line

It is complicated, but it has the advantage of being completely flexible.

You can also make the point so small as to be invisible, which is a little simpler than playing with the background and z depth.  If you get the habit of using the shortcut keys Dia becomes pretty efficient even for things like this.  ctrl-G and shft-ctrl-G are a great combo to learn.

Also, it is the only way you can do what you want.  Outside of creating your own special shape.  This workaround is simpler than that.