Re: Connecting text with a line

Hi, You will like this.

Get the Electric palette and bring out a "Connection point".  Place it where you want relative to the text.  Drag a box over them both and hit ctrl-G (for group).  You can connect the line to the connection point.  You can copy and paste the group to reproduce it and you can ungroup (ctrl-shift-G), move the point, group to relocate the point at will.  You can hide the point my making it the color of the background and move it behind the text (ctrl-shift-B). You can double click the ungrouped text and turn on or off the background and change its color.  You can group a box or other primitive function with the text as you desire.  The bezier region can be made in to any shape.

That should jump start you.