Re: Dia and images

At 28.09.2011 10:22, Michael Ross wrote:
I think you will just have to keep the image files together with the Dia
file.  If you develop the discipline of making a project folder; or, even
more granular, individual Dia folders, there is no problem.

I am not unsympathetic, I would like to have images embedded, too.  But it
is an old complaint of may different programs.[...]
Another way would be to build Dia from git master, see:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/NEWS
for already implemented features of the next version.

The NEWS file definitely needs some more information for the last three new features. More information can be derived from the commit log, e.g.

>git log --oneline |grep embedded
50960b3 embedded image support for shapes
72266ab [embedded image] preliminary Python access to Pixbuf property
a3596fe svg: embedded image support for import
1a5fac5 vdx: use embedded image rather than temporary file for image
ece6994 Sample using embedded image and alpha rendering (integrated UI)
fa72f59 [embedded image] implement and use dia_image_save() ...
0b7106e [embedded image] introduce ddisplay_get_clicked_position()
9998a78 [embedded image] handle undo for pasted image
2f54330 [embedded image] Copying was creating broken images for save
dd6eab1 [embedded image] Allow paste w/o matching selection
881e9be [embedded image] avoid endless loop with paste on multiple select
7c9fbc7 [embedded image] ensure zero termination of inlined data
9b7d2db [embedded image] pixbuf property needs PROP_FLAG_DONT_MERGE
9be1ccb [embedded image] Avoid memory corruption
3c1ffbc [embedded image] Implement <Display>/Edit/Paste Image
4b9968e [embedded image] Fix reference problem and aspect calculation
bb2f228 Bug 304693 - Optionally embedded images

And of course checking fixed bugs should be considered:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=dia&target_milestone=0.98