Dia and images

Hi,

I have question regarding Dia and images. I have noticed that images (inserted on a diagram with Basic Objects: Image) are not embedded in the Dia-file. Checking the XML code generated by Dia I can see that Dia only refers to images file via absolute or relative file paths.

This leads to problems in some situations. The image files are not always reachable and Dia just shows a big red cross instead of the images. I have for instance uploaded Dia-files to my Wiki (which have Dia-support added). In general this works excellent as the Wiki automatically renders PNG-files from the diagram file that are presented in the (web) pages. However, when uploading Dia diagrams with images, the images does not show up (since they are not reachable from the Dia making the PNG-files).

Any way around this (can images be embedded in the Dia-file for instance)?

Regards

Jørgen Johanson