Opening DIA diagrams in MS Visio

Dear Sirs,

I found your email address at the bottom of the FAQ list of DIA. Since I cannot find the answer I am looking for on the internet, I was hoping you could help me.

My customer arrived at DIA, the open source tool to create diagrams. They like it and want to use it. The product I support can only import Visio diagrams. So I was wondering if I can create diagrams in DIA and convert them to VSD. I exported first to SVG, later to VDX. In both options, the elements are saved in many parts. A block containing text will end up in Visio as a group of a drawn box and a text element. An arrow contains many drawing elements, particularly an arrow point. Also, an arrow (a 1D element) is somehow interpreted as a 2D element. Something I don't understand because I think a 2D element cannot be connected to another 2D element (in Visio at least) and I did manage to connect an arrow to two objects in Dia. These results inhibit our tool to interpret the flowchart.

Do you know of any good way to migrate a diagram from DIA to VSD without the loss (or change of) information? I did find information about converting Visio diagrams to DIA, but not the other way round.

With kind regards,

Philip Lafeber.

Philip Lafeber
Consultant

M. +31(0)6-25259613
T.  +31(0)71-3642000
F.  +31(0)71-3647396
W. http://www.mavim.com

Oude  Zeeweg 10 2201 TB Noordwijk
P.O. Box 2722200 AG Noordwijk The Netherlands

De Week van Kwaliteitsmanagement!
Van 3 t/m 7 oktober 2011 met boeiende gastsprekers, visionaire presentaties, fascinerende praktijkcases en meer…
U kunt zich hier direct kosteloos voorinschrijven voor dit evenement!

Mavim Disclaimer NL
De gezonden informatie is uitsluitend bedoeld voor dia-list gnome org en kan vertrouwelijke informatie of materiaal, waarop het zwijgrecht van toepassing is, bevatten. Bespreking, opnieuw verzending, verspreiding of ander gebruik van deze informatie of het ondernemen van actie op basis daarvan door andere personen of eenheden dan de beoogde ontvanger is verboden. Indien u deze informatie abusievelijk heeft ontvangen, gelieve u contact op te nemen met de afzender en het materiaal te wissen van uw computer(s).

Mavim Disclaimer EN
The information transmitted is intended only for dia-list gnome org and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.