Re: Opening DIA diagrams in MS Visio

The product I support can only import Visio diagrams. So I was wondering if I can create diagrams in DIA and convert them to VSD.

I'm very curious to know what product supports only VSD and nothing else.

Also, an arrow (a 1D element) is somehow interpreted as a 2D element.

Arrow in Visio has a "Geometry" part which has regular "2D" drawing commands.
"1D" section seems to be used only to instruct Visio to keep end points of the arrow/connector.

Do you know of any good way to migrate a diagram from DIA to VSD without the loss (or change of) information?

There are no free software tool available to save VSD files at the moment.
Actually there are very limited number of non-MS tools able _to read_ VSD, that's the reason to be surprised about something which can only read VSD.

I did find information about converting Visio diagrams to DIA, but not the other way round.

If by "Visio diagrams" you meant VSD, then at the moment the only free software tool capable to do it (VSD->SVG) with acceptable quality is this one:
http://libregraphicsworld.org/news.php?readmore=877

--
Cheers,
Valek