dia - how to define "text attribute"

Dear Dia users,

When designing one DIA diagram on many sheets, I am wondering if it is possible to define some "text
attribute".

Let me explain what I mean by "text attribute":
- Imagine I have a DIA diagram based on 10 pages.
- I would like to add a frame with information belonging to this frame.
- Typical information would be: DATE, SHEET_NUMBER, TOTAL_OF_SHEET, AUTHOR, FILE_NAME, etc...

The idea is:
- to define some user_variables like: USER_DEFINED_DATE, USER_DEFINED_SHEET_NUMBER,
USER_DEFINED_TOTAL_OF_SHEET, USER_DEFINED_AUTHOR, USER_DEFINED_FILE_NAME, etc..
- those variables are interpreted by DIA,
- DIA user could give value (string) to some of those variables, for example:
  USER_DEFINED_DATE = first of November 2011
  USER_DEFINED_AUTHOR = Stephane Bigler
  USER_DEFINED_SHEET_NUMBER = 3
  USER_DEFINED_TOTAL_OF_SHEET = 10
  USER_DEFINED_FILE_NAME = my_file_name.pdf
- DIA display the variable contents in the diagram,

And dia could distinguish between normal text or text which needs to be interpreted:
- normal text: toto
- text which needs to be interpreted should be in capital letters and start with defined character (like
'>'): >USER_DEFINED_DATE

Is there anything already available in Dia?
Thanks for your comments.
Stephane

Contact address:

EPFL - STI-IBI2-LHTC