dia: a wild and crazy enhancement/rewrite proposal

Hello,

This is not really a formal proposal - its far too wild and crazy for that. I have been struggling with visio (who doesn't ?) and find dia much easier to use. However, even dia has some serious usability problems when compared to a tool I have used before: Edge Diagrammer from PaceStar. See http://www.pacestar.com/edge/index.html. It is proprietary and what's worse it is also Windoze-only with absolutely no plans to change (I know, I've asked). But from a usability point of view I think it is brilliant.

This is a plea to dia developers: please look at Edge Diagrammer (there is a downloadable demo version free of charge) to see how the user interface to dia may be improved. I am very interested in any feedback. In particular, look at the way connectors work when diagram elements are moved around.

I realise that changing dia to give it an Edge Diagrammer interface would most likely be a rewrite so that might rule it out, but still, please take a look.

Regards,

Andrew Marlow

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is prohibited.

Please refer to http://www.bnpparibas.co.uk/en/information/legal_information.asp?Code=ECAS-845C5H  for additional disclosures.