Re: What should one input in the Simple Rotation input box?

Hi,

On 05/04/2011 09:03 PM, x z wrote:
I installed Python and all that in order to do object rotation.  So, I drew a box and selected Objects-Simple
Rotation and a dialog box popped up prompting me to input a number.  But I cannot find any documentation to
see what that number means. I tried to input 90 to see if it would rotate 90 degrees clockwise or counter-CW.
 But the box just enlarged.
Are you sure that you're using "Simple Rotation" and not "Simple Scaling"?

Did you restart Dia after you've installed "Simple Rotation"?
http://dia-installer.de/doc/rotation.html.en was not clear in this respect - I've just
updated the page in this respect.

If "Simple Rotation" does not appear in your Objects menu after Dia restart, most probably you've placed dia_rotate.py in the wrong folder. Detailed information on your
setup would be helpful in that case.

Note that rectangles (boxes) are not yet handled correctly by the plugin (see the TODO).

If you're interested in Rotation, you may also want to play around with the upcoming rotation support in Git master - you can use the Dia Development VM in that case:

http://dia-installer.de/developer/index.html

Regards,

Steffen