What should one input in the Simple Rotation input box?

I installed Python and all that in order to do object rotation.  So, I drew a box and selected Objects-Simple Rotation and a dialog box popped up prompting me to input a number.  But I cannot find any documentation to see what that number means. I tried to input 90 to see if it would rotate 90 degrees clockwise or counter-CW.  But the box just enlarged.