Re: Diagram Linking

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 8:00 AM,  <dia-list-request gnome org> wrote:
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 21:05:09 +0200
From: Hans Breuer <hans breuer org>
To: dia-list gnome org

At 15.06.2011 19:55, Vikram Subramanian wrote:
I think that is really a cool feature. In fact that will improve the
presentation features of dia.
What is the "presentation feature" of Dia ...
Ideally, we have to insert jpegs, pngs (both are lossy)
[ No PNG are _not_ lossy. That's the reason it is choosen to save the
inline data. See: http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/lib/prop_pixbuf.c#n157 ]
into presentations and use ppt or equivalent.
... and where is the connection to Microsoft's proprietary Powerpoint
format (ppt) ?

I assume he's just describing how he currently makes presentations.

With this feature in order to drill down into a component, you actually
literally drill into (double click) the boxes (aka components, etc.)
This is not how it is implemented. You will have to use the context menu
item "Follow link".

For presentations, I export to SVG, then use a Perl script to take a
list of diagrams and insert navigation links. Then any web browser
that supports SVG can be used as the presentation viewer.

If the inter-diagram links are either preserved or converted during
SVG export, that would enhance the navigation capabilities of the
presentation.