Re: Diagram Linking

Ron Wilson (2011-06-16 19:04):
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 8:00 AM,<dia-list-request gnome org>  wrote:
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 21:05:09 +0200
From: Hans Breuer<hans breuer org>
To: dia-list gnome org

At 15.06.2011 19:55, Vikram Subramanian wrote:
I think that is really a cool feature. In fact that will improve the
presentation features of dia.
What is the "presentation feature" of Dia ...
Ideally, we have to insert jpegs, pngs (both are lossy)
[ No PNG are _not_ lossy. That's the reason it is choosen to save the
inline data. See: http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/lib/prop_pixbuf.c#n157 ]

Actually PNG can be consider lossy when you think of making it from vector data (you no longer can e.g. select text, you might even loose some small details) - I assume that's what Vikram meant.

Ron Wilson (2011-06-16 19:04):
For presentations, I export to SVG, then use a Perl script to take a
list of diagrams and insert navigation links. Then any web browser
that supports SVG can be used as the presentation viewer.

That sounds interesting! Could you share this script (preferably along with some simple diagram/-s).

Regards,
Nux.