Re: Re: snap to a line

Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 21:14:49 +0100
From: Hans Breuer <hans breuer org>

At 08.02.2011 19:49, dynvec gmail com wrote:
Hello,

As this is my first message to this list, let me thank you for providing
a way to give user support.
Welcome to dia-list
Thanks! :)
I'm creating a UML diagram and I need to add an Association Class so
Sorry, I don't know an "Association Class", AFAIK there is only support for
Association between classes.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/content/RationalEdge/sep04/bell/#N1036B
I'll need to link the class to the previous association (of 2 other
classes).I looked at the definitions of the tools on the UML sheet and
nothing seemed to fit
What's wrong with the seventh button in the UML sheet? At least the tooltip
"Association, two classed are associated" should give the final hint, even
if the icon does not.
Oh! By the look of the Icon I though the middle arrow was a second end
to one of the sides, I though it was some kind of advanced UML so I
stayed away from it.
so I used a line (on top of the sheet selector),
although I would've preferred to use a UML tool, so I snap one side to
the Association Class and the other I try the best to snap to the middle
colored dot
Are you talking of the orange square or of the cross within the class?
The orange square of the association (line).
I'm reminded of my
failure each time I move one of the 2 previous classes and there's a gap
between the lines. How would you suggest I proceed?

First of all a common understanding of what association are supposed to be
would be helpful. (E.g. for me there is no need to associate associations -
aka. connect lines with other lines - but association are always between
two classes (or other elements))
I think that previous link (IBM) should clear that out.

Please note that I created a sample for Steffen that you might also find
useful.

Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 22:14:55 +0100
From: Steffen Macke <dia diagramr biz>

Hi DynV,