Re: snap to a line (or snap to grid?)

I'm using 0.97 and I've had the same or a similar problem. Snap-to-object seems to override snap-to-grid, even if I have snap-to-object turned "off" or what should be off. If I have a line ending at a shape (say a square) very near but not at an attachment point of the square, this will pull the line off the grid: it snaps to the attach point instead of the grid. Another example: If I try to use a small filled-in circle to represent a join between two perpendicular lines snapped parallel to the grid, I want the center of the circle to snap to the grid, but instead one of the circle's attachment points will snap, causing the circle to be off-center, so I have to turn off snap-to-grid and position the circle manually, then turn snap-to-grid on again. I think what I really need is to be able to delete or redefine the attachment points of a shape or object.

Another snap-to problem: When I snap a horiz or vertical line parallel to the grid, if I change the magnification, I will sometimes see a 1-pixel sideways jump in the middle of the line, as if one end has come unsnapped. All I can figure is that the end coordinates are stored in floating-point, and even though both ends are supposedly snapped to the same grid line, the values are unequal enough that at certain magnifications, the nearest-pixel value is different for the two. Has anyone else seen this?

David Friedman