Re: Problem installing Dia 0.97.1: "libatk1.0-0 dependencyunsatisfiable"

Thanks for the response. I'm using Hardy because it works and I have everything customized. Are you saying there's no way to resolve the dependency issue - even if I build from source?

- dhf
--- Original message ---
Subject: Re: Problem installing Dia 0.97.1: "libatk1.0-0 dependencyunsatisfiable"
From: Steffen Macke <dia diagramr biz>
To: discussions about usage and development of dia <dia-list gnome org>
Date: Tuesday, 08/02/2011 13:52

Hi David,

On 02/07/2011 04:52 AM, David Friedman wrote:
I'm trying to install from the dia_0.97.1-2ubuntu1_i386.deb package on
Kubuntu 8.04 (Hardy). When I double-click on the file, the Package
Installer comes up and gives me the message "Error: Dependency is not
satisfiable: libatk1.0-0".
Don't you have a chance to upgrade to a more recent Kubuntu version?
You'll automatically get more recent Dia versions.
Plus a better Kubuntu experience.
Has anyone seen this before? I checked and libatk1.0-0 is installed
(although I don't see why Dia or the installer would need an
accessibility toolkit).
ATK is part of GTK, which is used in term to build Dia. It's definitely
required.

Regards,

Steffen