Re: Problem installing Dia 0.97.1: "libatk1.0-0 dependencyunsatisfiable"

Hi David,

On 02/09/2011 04:26 AM, David Friedman wrote:
Thanks for the response. I'm using Hardy because it works and I have everything customized. Are you saying there's no way to resolve the dependency issue - even if I build from source?
If you build from source, I'm pretty sure that you'll be able to build Dia 0.97.1 on Hardy. But building from sources requires a lot more skills than a package installation. That's why I'm not recommending to build from source if someone is asking about package dependency problems. But if you're familiar with building from source yourself, you could give
it a try.

It's still strange that your package manager tells you that libatk is missing while you have it installed (It's also required for Dia 0.96.1) - are you running on 32 or 64-bit system? Have you tried to bypass the dependency checks of your package manager?

Regards,

Steffen