Re: DIA gets language settings wrong on Windows

Hello Jasper,

On 07/29/2011 04:22 PM, Jasper Horn wrote:
Now, I do not know about Dia and unicodeness, but I think it would
make a lot more sense to define the language to be used based on a
setting about languages rather than on one that defines how the user
has chosen to display numbers!
This selection is not made by Dia, but by the underlying libraries. Dia is fully
unicode aware, so taking over the setting for "non-unicode" programs would
be really strange.

If you're unhappy with the automatic locale selection, you can simply override using the LANG environment variable. There's a sample batch file to illustrate the usage:

http://dia-installer.de/src/dia_de.bat

Regards,

Steffen