Re: DIA gets language settings wrong on Windows

Hello Steffen,

Steffen Macke wrote:
Dia is fully
unicode aware, so taking over the setting for "non-unicode" programs would
be really strange.

I agree with you there.
However, it makes way less sense to base it on the "Standards and
Formats" setting, which is about "how some programs format numbers,
currencies and time" and actually has nothing to do with language at
all. And that's the current situation.

If you're unhappy with the automatic locale selection, you can simply
override
using the LANG environment variable. There's a sample batch file to
illustrate the usage:

I suppose that just setting the environment variable systemwide will
do the trick as well and take less effort. It may have side effects,
but not any I don't want, as I want other programs to run in English
as well (even though I want to use the decimal comma, the dot as a
thousand separator, the euro sign as the currency symbol and day
before month in both long and short date format - though all of those
can be accomplished by selecting English as a base and modifying it to
match the Dutch settings, there is one thing I can't do: use the Dutch
Month names, and 19 August just doesn't look right).

Thanks,

Jasper Horn