How to use Dia python plugin on a Mac?

Hello folks,

As stated in the title, I am wondering how to use a Dia python plugin.

Here is the story. I installed Dia from Macports on my Mac running Snow Leopard. The Dia port from Macports doesn't have any variants concerning python, so I presume that python support is included in the Dia port. I didn't find instructions about using python plugins on Mac, but I did find some instructions on how to use python plugins on Windows in this web page:

Since the solution there looks like a universal one, I made a subdirectory python under ~/.dia, and copied the hello.py from the web page mentioned above into the subdirectory. So now I have:
~/.dia/python >$ ls
hello.py

Then I started the Dia program. The menu item corresponding to hello.py is supposed to show up under the menu Tools. However, I didn't find one under Tools or anywhere else. So, could anybody give me some help about this, please? Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Jianbao