Re: Change length of several lines simultaneously.

At 15.10.2010 01:53, Pooya wrote:

Am 15.10.2010 um 01:05 schrieb Hans Breuer:
But I wonder, why I am not able to do this.
Mee too.
So you are able to resize several lines simultaneously?
Programatically: yes. I even gave some thought on how to do the dedicated "group-wise" handle selection, but did not come up with a good idea to make this obvious and not collide with object selections.

Did I understand you wrong, when you wrote "so there is no way to
resize multiple objects at once" ?

From the GUI of currently released version there is none. The latest development version actually can resize multiple objects at once, but only when they are grouped. In fact it is a transformation option built into the group object, used only by some output renderers.

This will most probably stay somewhat limited and still would not do what you are asking for.

Nothing happens.
Really??
Nothing related to my demanded task happens.

Moving multiple handles at once is considered a useful feature by me. But it is not so common, that I want to jeopardize object selections by it.

[...]
The hard part is how multiple handle selection should work.
I don´t get the intention of this sentence. Do you mean, there is a way
when multiple handle selection has been done?

Yes, almost. After looking at OOo Draw's approach, I'm uncertain if multiple handle selection is the way to go. Maybe Dia could follow Draw's example:
 - in a selection the handles of contained objects are hidden
 - there are new handles on the bounding box of the selection
 - moving these box handles apparently moves the single object
   handles proportinal to their box position

This behaviour should not be too difficulty to implement in Dia, but
there is an important lack: some object do not have resize handles.
And it's a bit unclear how they should behave.
Draw just moves text when part of the selection, but Dia has a lot more objects with resize restrictions. They would all just move.