Re: Remote access causes trouble.

Michael,

I assume that you're using a Windows share (SMB) over the VPN.
Have you thought about a version management system like SVN or Git?
TortoiseGit or TortoiseSVN offer nice Windows explorer integration.
In case you're interested, these are just some benefits:

* Faster, compressed transfer (only changes)
* You'll be able to work offline and sync later!
* You can go back to previous revisions of your files
* Something like an integrated backup
* Should be much more robust. Have you ever lost some work because
there was a problem writing to the network share via VPN?

Autosave is not configurable yet, so I see no solution within Dia.
Except if you would patch it ;)
Hans: Would you accept a configurable autosave timeout (no GUI intended?)

Regards,

Steffen