Re: Remote access causes trouble.

At 03.08.2010 23:54, Michael Ross wrote:
I have been working on DIAgrams remotely using VPN.  I don't have any
problem doing this with M$ Office type programs, but DIA seems to be
auto-saving or something.
Yes, autosaving every five minutes (if there is some change).

It regularly gets "distracted" and hangs for a
minute or so.
So saving over the VPN takes a minute or so?
Maybe you should get a faster one ;)

When I bring the file onto my laptop the problem goes away.

The autosaving is into the same directory as the original file (just appending '.autosave'.

Is there something I can do to improve the remote editing performance?

Autosave is not configurable yet, so I see no solution within Dia. Except if you would patch it ;)

I am using Win 7 64bit OS.

I think here the server performance is what matters more.

Regards,
        Hans