Re: Grouping of objects

I'm wondering:
  Why the user asked such an 'obvious' question?

I guess it is because when a user selects multiple shapes, the popup (right click) menu shows nothing (because there is NO popup menu!)

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:01 PM, reisrocks <reisrocks yahoo com> wrote:
> a.      Is grouping supported: Can I select a  bunch of items together and treat them as one object? Can thisgroup have its own properties?

Yes, select objects and press Ctrl+g or menu Objects > Group

To ungroup objects press Ctrl+Shift+g or Ojects > Ungroup.

> b.      Can I create icons that represent groups: Instead of one leaf item, when I drop the icon in, it expands into its constituent objects

Do you mean drop an object from a sheet and the object is actually a group containing multiple objects?

I don't think this functionality is currently available, but I might be wrong.

I have two specific feature related questions:

a.      Is grouping supported: Can I select a  bunch of items together and treat them as one object? Can thisgroup have its own properties?

b.      Can I create icons that represent groups: Instead of one leaf item, when I drop the icon in, it expands into its constituent objects

Thanks in advance, and regardless, awesome tool.

-Ambar