Re: Jog feature (Was: Zoom Patch)

Could be an American colloqialism.  To jog is a verb (with no conjugation) applied to machinery in the industrial rather than digital past.  You might jog a conveyor belt to get it in just the right position for servicing for instance.  It is a good analog for what we are talking about, you poke at a button and you get an incremental action.  In this case we would want up/down/left/right and the cursor keys are commonly used to implement this.  I use this in the CAD program I useto move tables, text, and views on a drawing.  Or in LabVIEW, a graphical programming system, to adjust the position of controls on the GUI and function icons on the block diagram.  Jogging ignores any grid or object snapping.