Re: dia-svn: "make install" behaves inappropiate

-----Original Message-----
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:10:03 +0200
Subject: Re: dia-svn: "make install" behaves inappropiate
From: Hans Breuer <hans breuer org>
To: dia-list gnome org

Am 23.06.2008 23:18, Thomas Harding schrieb:
On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 02:02:57PM +0200, stefan-husmann t-online de
wrote:
Hello,

since a few days the svn sources baehave inappropiate if I try to
create
a package for distribution. The "make install" step seems not to be
aware of a --DESTDIR=.. switch or something fulfilling a similar task
anymore.

../configure --prefix /home/me/dia_test
make
make install

However, revisions from #4070 to #4075 are broken -- my fault.
(Hans, I apologize for the errors, and now works on 3 copies
at a time: trunk, working and build, with systematics rdiffs
and many tests).

Will post a patch as soon as I'll finished my
builds/installs/unininstalls tests, carefully read the patch
and written changelog...

Patch applied yesterday, should be fine again with revision 4076.

Thanks,
        Hans

get along without it.                -- Dilbert

Hello,

sorry, the patch did not change anything. The install-step tries to copy
documentation to /usr/share/doc/dia, which is not appropiate if you wnat
to create a package.

./autogen.sh || return 1
   ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-python --without-hardbooks || return
1
   make || return 1
   make DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg/usr install || return 1

Sincerely Stefan