Re: some quetsions about features and plugins

Am 11.06.2008 13:46, Marleine Daoud schrieb:
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Hans Breuer <hans breuer org> wrote:

 As already mentioned I'm not sure I have understood the "filtering ..."
idea. Didn't it mean selecting objects based on certain criteria, rather
than selecting attributes of a group of objects?

It did mean selecting objects based on a certain criteria.

Would the easiest way for implementing this, be to search in the
data-structure loaded in memory and the same way for comparing between two
files or versions: load them and compare their data-structure?

I think so. As a starting point you may want to look at the plug-in mentioned in my other reply to this thread. See:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/dia/trunk/plug-ins/python/select_by.py?view=markup