Re: Debugging dia?

On Jul 31, 2008, at 12:46 AM, Don Blaheta wrote:

Quoth Don Blaheta:
How do I make lt-dia? I'd like to run dia inside gdb, and there seems
to be a mechanism for this inside app/run_dia.sh, but at least that
piece seems to be missing.

I still don't know what the correct mechanism is, but after a lot of
googling and reading libtool documentation, I've found that using the
line

 libtool --mode=execute gdb "$DIA_APP_PATH/dia" "$@"

in run_dia.sh at least gets me up and running in gdb, although I get all sorts of memory access errors when I try to actually inspect a variable.

Interesting. What I've been doing is just unset DEBUGGER, then run_dia.sh, then set DEBUGGER again, then run_dia.sh again, which is really a bother. It would be nice to be able to automate it.

-Lars