Re: Tabbed interface: good progress

On 6/30/07, Patrick Hallinan <patrick j hallinan gmail com> wrote:
On 6/29/07, Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 23:07 -0500, Patrick Hallinan wrote:
> >

> > On 6/20/07, Lars Clausen < lars raeder dk> wrote:
> >         The no-show is consistent for me, no matter which way the
> >         diagram is
> >         created.  Looks like a signal either is not fired or not
> >         received (maybe
> >         the receiver is not set when the signal is fired?).
> >
> >         I have GTK 2.8.20 and GLib 2.10.3 on an Ubuntu Dapper Drake
> >         x86 box.
> >
> > I think I saw the same problem with Debian Etch.  GTK 2.8.20 and GLib
> > 2.12.4.  The attached patch fixes the problem on Etch.  I don't really
> > know why.  I played around with the order of things.
>
> Yep, the diagram now turns up nicely.  There's still the switch to the
> last diagram when resizing, but that's probably another matter.

There's a display_set_active()  on line 530 of disp_callbacks.c that's causing the switch to the last diagram on resize.  It's for a GDK_CONFIGURE event.

I originally made display_set_active() cause a diagram's tab to be selected so that double-clicking in the diagram tree would work like it should.

Is it OK to remove the display_set_active() from the GDK_CONFIGURE_EVENT?

Off the top of my head: whenever diagram_set_active() is called the
diagram will be shown in the notebook.  I wonder if resize results in
this call.  I'll take a look.

I've attached a small change to put an asterisk in the notebook tab
text to indicate a modified diagram.  I'm not sure about one part of
the patch:

I pull the filename from the filepath by searching for
G_DIR_SEPARATOR_S.  If I find the separator I increment the pointer by
1 to point to the beginning of the filename.  I just wonder if this is
portable with character encodings like UTF8 and such.