Re: Suggestion for Dia

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 13:49 +0200, i12jigoa uco es wrote:
Hi, my name is Antonio and I'm a student from the University of
CÃrdoba, Spain. I'm using Dia to make posible the diagrams in my
project to finish my career and I'd like to ask you if you have in
mind to add an option in the text labels to use underline format in
the text. This is because I need it to represent primary keys of a
database, and I don't want to get crazy using simple lines to make
manual underlines. The version of Dia I'm using is 0.95, which is in
the ubuntu repositories for Dapper Drake. I don't like using tar.gz
packages because they are less controlable when you want to update
your system.

If you are using the UML objects for your database tables, setting the
"class scope" tick on the attributes will make them underlines -- I
don't know if AutoDia will call those primary keys, though.  I hope an
update to 0.96.1 comes through for you soon, it's a big step especially
in terms of text width stability.

Other problem I had was rotating figures. I encourage you to solve
these little problems and win the battle versus microsoft visio!

Rotation is not something that Dia can do at the moment, there's just
too much underlying infrastructure needed for that.  Sorry.

Sorry for my poor english, hope you understand me.

No problem.

-Lars