Dia usage example + question

Hi,
once again thanks to the dia community for adding features and
improving the quality of dia!
The thing I like the most about dia is the wealth of bezier-lines/gons
it provides. I've drawn a calculator in it (attached png and dia [it
really was made in dia]).
Feel free to add it to the examples on the web site.

The second half of this email are questions that (hopefully) some of
you can answer.
Some of the questions go off-tangent into Latex domain, and so I don't
expect to get full answers, but I hope to.

==========

Q1. I would like to add a Texas Instruments logo to the calculator,
like in this picture:
https://www.studentcalculators.co.uk/acatalog/ba2plus-newstyle.gif

I started making the logo in dia as well after this picture :
http://www.microfab.com/technology/electronics/images/ti_logo.jpg,
which I have not yet created, but it will be nothing more than a
diagram containing an ellipse, a parallelogram,  and a beziegon.

I've attached a mock TI logo which I want to incorporate into the
BA2Plus.dia but do not know how. Inserting it as a .png picture would
work, but it won't look as good. Please let me know how else I can do
it.

Q2. I want to use it in a latex document. Dia is producing great
quality .eps files, but I cannot export this drawing to .eps properly.
To make it look more realistic, I was using all sorts of fonts that
come with dia. Some of those fonts are outside of Latin-1 family, and
that makes the text all screwed up in eps format. Is there some other
way/format that works?
I know I can use png, but I would rather not.

Q3. If not Q2, then is there a way to include individual buttons?
[They aren't hard to get to - just ungroup until you can select
individual buttons and delete the rest].

Many thanks!
- Leonid

P.S. Q2 and Q3 need not be dia-only solution; I do not mind using the
"convert" functionality of other open source tools like Inkscape,
Gimp, etc.

P.P.S [Nice to have] Minimally working Latex example would be
appreciated. For example, I've tried using Tex Metapost and Tex
PsTricks macros, but could not quite get it to work for me. Detailed
steps would be appreciated.

P.P.P.S [Nice to have] I am compiling Tex files under with MikTex2.5
Windows XP. If your solution is specific to the OS and the latex
distribution, then please indicate the parts that need to be ported
and what may be involved.