Re: UI issue: Text edit mode

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Lars Clausen wrote:

I have my doubts about what would be best for entering. My ideas so far are

1) Press "Enter" to start editing text.  Pro: Frees all other keys for
shortcuts.  Con: Non-obvious

Sounds ok to me, although somewhat non-obvious. I'd expect that clicking inside a text inset (so that you place the cursor somewhere), would leave me in text mode by default by the way.

Perhaps a con is that a user might expect 'Enter' to insert an enter. OTOH, since he doesn't get one, he'll just press enter again. It'd be nice with a strong visual guide telling you what mode you are in.

/Christian