Re: UI issue: Text edit mode

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 23:17 +0100, Nick Moore wrote:
I think option 1 would probably be the best.  However, I'd offer
another method as well - double clicking on the item to start editing
the text.  I know this currently brings up the properties - but I feel
normal users are much more likely to want to edit text than change the
item properties.

I'm not sure about that change, honestly, but I thought I'd throw it
into the hat.

Users need to be able to do both.   I usually edit text probably twice
as often as edit properties, more or less.

I noticed the presentation about Ingimp, the instrumented Gimp that
allowed gathering of user behaviour.  Maybe making that for Dia too
could be interesting, plus it'd be called India:)

-Lars