Re: inconsistency in PROP_TYPE macro declarations ...

On 4/24/07, Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk> wrote:

> http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/dia/trunk/lib/properties.h?r1=3431&r2=3668
>
> When the property types were changed from PROP_TYPE_REAL to something
> else, that broke the PropOffset data structures in some objects such
> as objects/standard/line.c
>
> As a result, properties like line_width and text_height do not get set
> in do_set_props_from_offsets().

It was done as part of introducing units, so any kind of length or
width.  I guess I forgot the ones that are induced by the macros, while
the ones that were explicitly defined like data_lwidth in chronoline.c
and corner_radius in box.c were fixed correctly.

OK. I just tried a little grep and perl inline editing ... I think I
have a patch, I just need to make sure I caught all of them. Should I
post it here?

Also, do_set_props_from_offsets() searches for a matching offset for
each property that it tries to set. It ignores if no offset is found.
Should we introduce an assertion instead? It might not work if there
is code that tries to set a property without really checking if it is
defined. We could a throw a warning in that case, but that could
result in a lot of clutter on stderr.

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, KReSIT, IIT Bombay