Re: Re: 0.96.1

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Steffen Macke wrote:

Hi,

installed 0.96.1, but when trying to start the software it complained
about a missing 'libfreetype-6.dll' for me as well. So the documentation
I'm guessing I now need to install a later version of GTK. Should I get it
from
        http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/modules/wfdownloads/visit.php?lid=109
or should I get it from some other place?

Correct, please use this version for the time being. However, I'm working on another installer version that uses the gimp-win GTK+ installer again. Note that this is not a problem of a "later version of GTK+", it's only different DLL names used by the different runtimes.

Ok. Following the link above I ended up getting and installing

        gtk-2.10.7-win32-1.exe

This allowed me to start Dia. Here's a direct link

        http://belnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gladewin32/gtk-2.10.7-win32-1.exe

cheers
/Christian