Re: Re: 0.96.1

Dear Steffen!

a Windows Installer of Dia 0.96.1 is available from:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/dia-installer/dia-setup-0.96.1.zip

Great, thank you very much!

Please install GTK+ 2.10 before running the dia installer:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gimp-win/gtk%2B-2.10.6-1-setup.zip

Using this GTK version, I get the message that a freetype-dll is missing.

In case there are DLLs missing, please also try the following GTK+
Runtime Environment installer and report the status here on the mailing list:
http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/modules/wfdownloads/visit.php?lid=109

So I used version 2.10.*11* from that page, and dia starts up fine. The
nasty crash that bugged me on 0.96.0 also seems to be gone.

But I still am unable to get any usable export file:

- emf: text runs over box-borders
- pdf via freepdf/ghostscript: same results as when using emf
- cairo-pdf: bugged, included image is displayed multiple times
- cairo-png: text unreadable, but WITH anti-aliasing, too small, size not configurable, included image
misaligned
- pixbuf-*: unusable, text unreadable, no anti-aliasing, size not configurable
- png upscaled x10: text nice, but object-borders on the right side of the screen are cut off

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? How do you get satisfiying output from dia?
Or is this a problem only concerning the Windows-platform? How to fix it?

Thanks!

With kind regards,
   Chriss