Re: Message Header

Paul, like you I too am a "lurker". I wholly agree with your comments.

Separating mails into folders works but for people like me who are members
of several technical forums it's a pain to go hunting. I like to see my
mails on the day they arrive and in one place, recognise the value of each
immediately, delete those I don't want (most!) and store the rest for
reference and write ups. I've probably deleted quite a few dia mails as spam
simply because without the list tag they appear to lack relevancy when
looking at 500 or so tagged mails received each day.

Adding a [dia] list tag would follow what seems to have become a list
standard.

Mike A.

Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

I am a casual reader of this list, just a thought regarding mailing
list headers, it's seems to be common practice (well fairly) common to
include the list name within the message subject, e.g my local linux
user group has [LUG] In the subject line automatically inserted by the
server,  it makes it easier to spot messages from that particular list
and makes it easier to set up mail clients to spot the messages and
move them into a dedicated folder,  Is it possible to do the same for
the dia list,

It is possible to set mail filters by e-mail address. however I have
had problems with this when dealing with forwarded messages, and
sometimes replies,

What are peoples thoughts on this.